Update: EMDF Joins Green Finance Advisory Group – Report Launched16.11.2017
Earlier this year, Emerging Markets Dialogue on Finance (EMDF) joined the Sustainable Stock Exchanges (SSE) Green Finance Advisory Group. Aiming to answer the question of which role stock exchanges can play in Green Finance, the group strives to develop practical recommendations for stock exchanges and their regulators based on current best practices. The findings are now translated into a “how to” guide for stock exchanges and regulators to best promote and grow Green Finance. The report guidance on green finance was launched by the SSE at COP23 in Bonn, Germany, with the expertise and support of the Green Finance Advisory Group.
Key topics include:
- Instruments available to stock exchanges to promote or grow Green Finance
- Disclosure options and reporting methods for environmental aspects
- Overview of best practices
- Possibilities for stock exchanges to engage in training and guidance
- Policy implications and opportunities
- Ways for stock exchanges to participate in the wider policy agenda
Prior to its membership in the Green Finance Advisory Group, EMDF already collaborated with SSE on its recent report on ‘How stock exchanges can advance gender equality’.
For further information on the project, please contact email@example.com.
EMDF represents one of three Emerging Market Sustainability Dialogues (EMSD) networks, aiming to enhance the capacity of financial institutions and government bodies in emerging markets to advance the development of a sustainable financial sector.